And the living is anything but easy.
For authors, that is, who want books sales now!
While the hustle and bustle of the other seasons is in summer mode why not use this naturally slower time in the publishing and media industry to kick up your marketing materials.
National publicity expert, Annie Jennings, of the Book Marketing PR Firm says “down time is a good time to get ready for your next push”.
Here are some book marketing, publicity and promotions ideas authors can use to feel productive during the summer months.
1) Update your bio with your book reviews, media appearances and topic expansions.
2) Update your author media page on your website with all of your media accomplishments. Don’t forget to add the logo’s of the shows for impact
3) Plan your marketing strategy for the next leg up
4) Schedule book signings for the fall
5) Think of some timely Fall Season segment/story ideas for your marketing initiative. Ask yourself how your message fits into the upcoming Fall & Winter Seasons.
6) Get a new author headshot. A high impact headshot can work wonders for you in the media outreach. Your headshot can make or break your booking. Do you look good? Polished? Professional? Do you feel your headshot represents your true image? If not, get a new one.
7) Create a media reel. A media reel is terrific in that you can showcase your media appearances all in one place. When the media says, ‘send me your reel’, you’ll be prepared with you best appearances all in one place.
8) Dare I say, start planning your new book? Or better yet, start writing it? Why not think big and think ahead? Book cycles are fast so maybe it is time for you to go to your next level!